Thursday, March 11, 2010

Burpees are better together

What would you do without your best friend?

If you’re anything like me, you might go crazy without that person in your life.

Now, think about all of the friends you have from church, school, extracurricular activities, your job, and your family. What would you do without them?

I am a firm believer that God places certain people in one anothers lives for specific reasons. Some may be more long term than others but they all serve some purpose whether that be for a day (even moment) or for the rest of your life. Ever have a discussion or encounter with someone and think “that was a God thing”, I needed that. I do a lot.

In fact, every family member and close friend I have serves a very unique purpose in my life as I do in theirs, or at least I hope I do in theirs too! If I had the time and could not bore you to death I would make you a list of all the people in my life and tell you how they have formed the person that I am or the way they contribute to my life.

Favorite question: Are you the kind of person who likes to do things on your own? Or do you most often rely on others? Tell a bit about which description best fits your personality and how that’s played a role, positively or negatively, in your life so far.

My response: I am the type that usually likes to do things on my own. This really depends on what we are talking about but usually I don’t rely on others because it takes me awhile to trust people and feel like I can count on them to be there. Most of the time I would rather do it myself so that I know whatever needs to be done gets done. This is something I really have to work on on a daily basis. I am really close to my family and have a close couple networks of friends that I tend to socialize with. This is something I struggle with because I have to remind myself to go out of my comfort zone, meet new people, and let them influence my life.

For me, I know something I have to work on is letting more people become a part of my life and really get to know me. I need to be more trusting of people and realize that I can’t do everything by myself, and neither can you. We need people in our lives to support us, build us up, and help us. God has placed other people in our lives for that very purpose!

Challenge: Take time to write a list of maybe ten or fifteen people in your life that you feel are special to you or close friends of yours. Write how they have helped you or what you think their purpose in your life is. Now, take time to pray for them daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment